Sunday, February 21, 2016

2-8-16

(Tanner started by singing There is Sunshine in My Heart today in Spanish.  Very loud and very off tune :)  Gotta love him)


How’s it going?  I was thinking that I always send my beautiful voice home to you and them you never send anything back.  I was thinking you should send your lovely voices back because I miss you.  Another great week last Monday on p-day we stayed in the pension all day playing Monopoly and I got destroyed.  

The zone leaders here have Monopoly so we always play when we go there after zone meeting.  It reminds me of the good old days when I was like 12 and we used to play Monopoly and mom would make us all cry because we’d loose and we’d all give up. 

We had district meeting Tuesday so that was fun.  When we got back from district meeting on Tuesday afternoon and we went to get in our house and we realized that our key was broken so we sat outside for an hour until our landlord came and opened up our house for us.  This week A and T both came to church.  They both came to church and they are my favorite people.  We found them the first or second week here.  They were just a contact we made and they are super prepared.  A's mom is Mormon so that’s sweet.  They have a baptismal date for the 12th of March.  They are so sweet.  We’ve been teaching J but she didn’t come to church and we don’t know why.  We know her son  came from another state to visit her.  Let’s just say here son drinks a lot.  We didn’t actually meet him but we showed up to teach her and there was a guy passed out in front of her house.    We were teaching her the gospel of Jesus Christ and he listened for a bit but he was long gone, poor guy.   She is doing good we just have to figure out why she didn’t come to church.  We are teaching D & K daughter and her other daughter.  We found them with the missionaries last week.  They came to church again this week and are progressing good.  They can only meet with us every Sunday.  Today we went and had a nice lesson.  K is solid, she had written down some questions for us.  Little by little.



We found some other sweet people this week and we’ll see if they really progress.  It’s all a progress, it takes patience but it’s fun.  Sweet people!  S, P, L Familia D.
Thursday we got home stroll in to the penc.  First thing you do is head to the fridge and get a drink of water.  I’m just sitting there minding my own business.  All of a sudden I see a huge scorpion chilling on our wall.  About a 4” scorpion.  That was fun, doesn’t happen every day.

Today we walked about 6 miles.  We went to K and D and then after we had an appointment on the other side of Las Lomitas.  It would be like walking from our house to the Payson temple and back.  
I cooked a cheesecake.  It's a cream cheese with condensed milk and then we put lime in it and break up cookies for the crust.  It was really good. 

It rained a lot this week, and it was hot today!  Ohhhhhhhh this week we met a lady that is 107 years old.  One hundred and seven years old.  107, 107 years old can you believe that?  Ridiculous.  She was born in 1909.  That is literally the oldest person I’ve ever met.  I’ve never even heard of someone that old let alone met them.  We were just walking around teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We knocked on a door.  They were a very humble family that let us come in.  They couldn’t read so that made it hard but we shared how to pray.  I introduced myself and what we were sharing.  I asked him if he lived alone and he said no I live here with my mom that’s 107.  Wow 107, we shook her hand.  Cute little old lady, pretty crazy.

This next week we have to go to Resistencia which is about a 6 hour bus ride and it costs 280 pesos which means we are going to be eating rice the rest of this month.  That’s OK I like rice, kind of.  We will leave Tuesday night at midnight and will get there about 6 AM.  Elder Cornell has to do paperwork and I’ll be in the office and then we’ll have a 6 hour bus ride back. 


Next Saturday the family R has an 8 year old son that will getting baptized.  His dad will baptize him in a pond.  That will be sweet.  We’ll actually baptize there next time we have a baptism.  That’s about it, I love you guys.    Send a voice message back so I can hear your sweet voices and your Utah accent.   Mounains.  Anyway have a great week, love you bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment