Tuesday, March 24, 2015

No lo se che

Well another transfer has come and gone and I’m still in the same area with the same companion. I’m kind of glad too it’s a great area and companion.... This week was THEE best.. Elder Nunez from one of the quorums of the 70 came from Chile and talked to us on Thursday... He talked about the power of the Book of Mormon and it was really good.  On Friday we had a baptismal interview in a little city an hour away from Resistencia so we headed out there. G and E came to a church this week again and are starting their papers sometime soon to get married... I don’t know how that works in the United States but here it’s kind of a pain so we will see how long that takes. But we hope fast :) and S and her daughters came too.  The work continues on.. One little sad thing is that one of our investigators grandma didn’t give us permission for her grandchild to get baptized.... But we are going to keep working with them and see if we can’t open her eyes... 

And for a story this week:

We were out working in a part a little more dangerous of our area and it was Saturday in the morning..... we passed the normal drunk people from the crazy Friday night they had...... and  we greeted a few of them so that they felt the good vibes we were giving and didn't bother us (a tip for avoiding drunks) and well it didn't work... (note: my tip doesn't always work.) they started chasing us.... and one tried punching my companion but my companion handled it and ducked.... We started to run away and  they pursued..........but luckily people that are drunk there balance level drops quite a bit... and  this dude turfed it face first into the dirt road... I’m not going to lie I chuckled a little bit...... and  it reminds me of a scripture
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine and doeth them not shall be likened unto a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand—
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell, and great was the fall of it.
His fall was great........

This world so much needs the gospel of Jesus Christ and that’s why I’m here. 



Yesterday and today I’m in a trio with another elder that is waiting to train but the new missionaries don’t come till tomorrow... It’s pretty funny. Because 2 white kids walking down the street in shirt and tie is already is already kind of intimidating but with three………… a lot of  Mormon. No but it’s fun :)

Well the weather cooled off this week.   I don’t know if that will last but it’s been a nice little treat. I’m happy and I’m busy and we’re going to keep on working. I’m off to eat some ice cream and play some basketball……. until next week


Love you all Elder Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment