Monday, February 23, 2015

The Carnival



So this week we had to stay in the pench a lot because of the Carnival..... and then on Wednesday there was a giant riot in Resistencia.... so we were in the apartment a lot. It was the pits to tell you the truth. You know how in the summer the days were you don’t do anything and then after you realize you have been watching the TV or sleeping all day and you feel like the scum of the earth, that’s exactly how it feels when you have to stay in the apartment all day. I watched every church movie on earth.. But after Wednesday it was back to full days of work. We really focused of using the Book of Mormon this week and wow it works miracles.. I know it’s true. Elder Heaton and I decided with a few of our investigators to read the Book of Mormon with them every single day and see what happens... And we did that with two of our investigators G and E... and well it worked and then showed up to church. 


Those two are super funny and full of energy and will make great members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints :) It’s their bird that pooped on me last week. And two more times this week.  Anyway we have been working hard with lots of people to come out to church but as soon as Sunday morning comes around everyone just wants to sleep.




 I was reading Jacob 5 I realized that the Lord really does work with us every single day and just wants us to come unto him and enjoy the blessing of eternal life. But we are just too stubborn to listen. You know I’ve only been on the mission for a short time but I’m eternally grateful for this opportunity to serve. It has opened my eyes to a whole new perspective. I’m so grateful to represent Jesus Christ and learn and live from his example and sacrifice. 

Love you all!

Elder Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment