Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Still here

I got the package :) alright so the story with the ATM card....  I took out some money to buy a few things and I just left the card in the machine being the 18 year old that I am…. with the pin typed in so anyone could take out as much money as they wanted.  I didn't notice until.... we left and went to buy a pair of flip flops. When I opened my wallet to pay I noticed my card was gone. My heart instantly went down to my feet...... I also said like 3 back to back prayers. We ran to the computer place and I sent you that email to cancel it, then left.... about 30 seconds after we left 2 of the missionaries in Clorinda called us and said we have you card. When I heard that I said another 3 back to back prayers of gratitude. Then we ran back to the Cyber to write you again. The lady behind me in line took it out and then saw us leave and turn the corner. She then left the bank and saw 2 different missionaries walking and gave the card to them............ There are good people in all parts of the world.

(Good-bye to Elder Harris)


As for transfers I stayed in Clorinda, but I got a new companion Elder  Skouson.  (below)

  He arrived in the mission 3 months ago with me and speaks even less Spanish than I do.   I’m the senior companion. But it doesn’t really mean much. :) Hey if you just want to put this letter on the blog this week that would be great.   This hour of writing feels like five minutes and I don’t have time to write more or respond to everyone :( mom the mission is going soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast. I cannot believe it. Days feel like 2 hours and weeks feel like 2 days and months feel like 2 weeks. It’s ridiculous but I love it and I’m learning soooooooooooo much.  Tell Paige Logan Thacker and Eli to just drop out of school and serve a mission... They will learn more that way ;)
We are just praying a lot and my Spanish has grown in the last three days more than in the last 3 months. We are going to have some baptisms finally, 3 chicos next week :) the kids are soo cool.  Elian, Luiciana, and Sergio. Other than that we are practicing our teaching a lot.. .. we have lots of people to teach and we have a lot of untouched houses in our area. 


I’m still happier now than I have ever been before. I love you guys and don’t worry about me feeling home sick.... It doesn't even feel like the holidays.... It’s way too hot to be the holidays... At least that’s what my body is telling me.


Oh and just because I don’t respond to every little detail doesn't mean I don’t like reading it and knowing :)  You guys tell everyone that I’m thankful for them and their prayers. You guys really do help me function everyday more than you think :)  The other night I had a dream I got off the plane and saw you guys it was weird. But don’t worry I’m having so much fun, and I’m learning how much our Heavenly Father and  Jesus really love us.  Love you guys!!!!!!!!!


<3 E Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment