Monday, November 17, 2014

Fastest Week of My Life

It was a fast week to say the least. Like really fast I feel like it should be Tuesday of last week. If the rest of my life goes this fast I’ll be sad because then I’ll blink and I’ll already be a grandpa. There is nothing wrong with being a grandpa though.  This week we did a lot of things but since I only have like 10 minutes to write this I’ll sum it up.  It rained a lot this week again.... And now it’s just pure hot. 

Pretty much I just love the mission. I feel the best when I just work as hard as possible and then go to bed exhausted. Those are the days where I feel the best :) And I’m not even kidding when I say this but this transfer felt as if it were a week and a have long. It went by soo fast it actually kind of scares me. Me and E Harris had 155 lesson in six weeks.  Don’t you fear we are working hard and eventually the people will choose to come closer to Christ.  Tomorrow are transfers so we will see what happens. 

  I haven’t eaten anything with flavor for weeks... but its ok because I’m having so much fun and I’m working hard. 

Wednesday we walked to a little pueblito or little colony about 5 miles away from Clorinda that supposedly  is in our area. It was reallllllly poor. We walked the 45 minutes to it and taught a few lessons. When we invited them to church they just straight up laughed at us, because it’s so far away, anyways it was an adventure. We went with a member just in case there are people that didn’t like 2 white kids walking in their neighborhood. His names Oscar  I want to tell you about Oscar.  He’s 20 When I got here Oscar was less active and drank and smoked a ton. About a month ago we invited him to stop and that day he quit and hasn’t gone back. He even gave up some friends and now is preparing to receive the priesthood next week.  I’m officially done with my missionary training and transfers are tomorrow and I think one of us is going to leave this area so we will see. Oh and we taught the Law of Chastity this week to a couple that are living together but aren’t married. That was really interesting and we will see what they decide to do.   I had one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission last night too.   With a girl named Suzy. The truth is I don’t know why it went so well except the fact that I prayed like a thousand times during it. She told us that Joseph Smith being a prophet makes sense, and that she can feel the spirit when we talk. So the work is good here in Clorinda Argentina. I’m about to head out for a barbeque with a member sooooo ya…………
Real quick I want to share a scripture I found that is super sick.
D&C106
4 And again, verily I say unto you, the coming of the Lord draweth nigh, and it overtaketh the world as a thief in the night—
 5 Therefore, gird up your loins, that you may be the children of light, and that day shall not overtake you as a thief.

I just like it.  I guess we just need to everything possible to prepare for the second coming. That is the purpose of this life and we need to help everyone around us too.

 I know you guys all think I’m turning into the Cliché missionary that all say the same thing. But the truth is cliché missionary I am now and it is probably that happiest I’ve ever been. The church is true!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Elder Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment