Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bunk Beds

GUESS WHAT I'M GOING TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS CAUSE THAT'S HOW BIG OF NEWS THIS IS. I GET O SKYPE YOU GUYS THIS UPCOMING SUNDAY!!!! BUT I NEED YOU TO MAKE ME A SKYPE ACCOUNT AND ONE FOR YOU. I'M GOING TO SKYPE YOU GUYS AT ABOUT 4:30 AFTER YOUR CHURCH. TELL DAD TO CANCEL HIS MEETINGS IF HE CAN :)  It's mother's day in Argentina.

We made bunk beds in our pension. It was the non-proselyting (yes I know I spelled that wrong I speak two languages so lay off) highlight of my week. Then we moved our desk into the same room, All because it’s the only room with AC and it's hot. 

Anyways this week has been really good; it’s the start of a new transfer so we got all new missionaries basically in our zone. Elder Harris and I are still in good ol Clorinda 6,  (Which just happens to be the smallest area in our mission. I found that out :)  The work this week was pretty good. We got to set a date for baptism with an older Lady named Romona. She is super pumped for baptism so we will see how that goes. We also had a little bit of a miracle this week too. A man moved into the house of the only members in our area.  He’s the brother of the Member. Anyways he is a member but his girlfriend isn't. We had a lesson with him where we invited him to receive the priesthood. (he has been really less active to say the least for a good time now.) And his girlfriend to be baptized and pretty much set a wedding date too.  I’m an Argentinian matchmaker. Kind of. We have been looking really hard for new members but it’s hard.   I gave a blessing in Spanish. That was cool. It works the same as in English as in Spanish. Words just come to you. Like girls come to my little brothers. Oh and for those of you that think I still can’t speak Spanish. News flash I can :) not super good. But just so you know, if I got stranded here because of a flood like the one that happened to Noah  I could make my way around. That was a bad example but you get what I’m saying. And I’m forgetting English words left and right. Like the other week I couldn’t remember the word Bratwurst. I think that is how you spell it. I don’t know.

This week I’ve really been thinking about the book of Mormon. I was thinking I’m literally in the middle of nowhere for a book. How crazy. But the truth is I know that it’s true. And it’s crazy how much it can bless our lives. I don’t know I was just pumped up about it. And everything Joseph Smith did too. I just know that the church is true. And I love the mish.
<3 Elder Simmons

The man got married and then baptized.  He needed a suit so I let him borrow mine.

Elder Brown , Aunt Rhonda's neighbor. It was funny the week after Rhonda asked me about him he transfered into my district.

Our new Zone





Q.  What time do your rise in the morning and go to bed every day?
A. I get up at 7 every day and go to bed at 11. The schedule is weird so we study during the hottest hours of the day to kind of protect us.

Q.  Are the Argentina kids in school, about the same schedule as us here? When’s their summer break?
A. Ya except there school is about to get out. And they have two sessions of school a day, One in the morning and one in the afternoon. They have a long lunch.

Q.  From your pictures it looks very poor, do people have cars or how do they get around?
A. Our area is the poorest of the whole town. It’s like a privilege to have a car here. But almost everyone gets around on little scooter things here. EVERYONE

Q. Do you guys get a cell phone or a land line?
A. We have a brick for a cell phone

Q. How often do transfers happen?  
A. every 6 weeks

Q. Do you like peanut butter?

A.  I do now

No comments:

Post a Comment