Monday, May 23, 2016

5-16-16

Well a fabulous week.... It started out with a midnight trip from Ibarreta to Resistencia with Elder Tapia.... Then we received our new missionaries. My new companions name is Elder Gallegos. He is from Buenos Aires Argentina.... So thankfully I don't have to teach him Spanish because I barely know it myself..... We didn't have a ton of time in the area but what we did have was pretty  efficient.  On Sunday we had District Conference in Ibarreta.  The church rented a mini bus for us to go, but there was only one problem, that the bus they rented has 15 chairs, but we were 24 that wanted to go..... So it was crazy in there but somehow we all fit. Although there were two that vomited ahahaha.




District conference was fun, the first time in months that I have seen so many members of the church in the same place at once.  Right after we had the baptism of D.... She was pretty nervous but it turned out fairly perfect...Only the water was colder then the water in the river two weeks ago and I messed up the wording a few times. But the Third time it turned out perfect... I was so happy. One thing I've learned on the mission is the more work you put into something the more joyful it is when it finally works out, and that exactly what happened with D's Baptism.   Last  night we had a lesson with A and M, we also took the Familia R. And basically Sister R told them to get married :) which is exactly what they needed and she did it in such a loving manner. Then I just bore my testimony that I have  been born into a choice family with parents that have given me  self securty knowing that they will always be together (forever) and they will also always be there for me too.  I think they will get married.  That was about it for this week. We are going to take a big nap today cause my comp is whipped out and has a bunch of blisters hahahah. Oh how it takes me back to the beginning.



My sombrero has been sitting in the same spot for 3 weeks and is growing mold on it.



Love you all 

Elder Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment