Monday, October 12, 2015

Coso Pues 10-12-2015

Happy Birthday Logan I love you!  16 you can date and you can drive legally now.  Wow.  I’m sorry I can’t make it to your birthday party but enjoy the cake for me and good luck with dating, that’s a scary thing.  Really Logan I love you tons.  Oh and happy half birthday to Eli. 

Another good week in Argentina!  It was super hot and it rained a lot.  This week we found some really good people to teach, G, C, D.   G was a reference from a different ward.  The member was a recent convert and he gave her a Book of Mormon.   She really likes it but it’s really hard for her to go to church because she’s not used to it.   She said it will be hard for her but little by little.  We had a reference from our Bishop and they are a relative to our bishop.  Cis a police officer so it’s hard for him to come to church too but they are really good people and really want to change.   I think Dfound the missionaries on a bus and told them he wanted to learn English because he’s planning on going to New Zealand to work and he wants to improve his English.  The elders passed him along to us and now we teach him.  The other day we talked for an hour in English and gave him a Book of Mormon.  The second time we met with him we talked about the Book of Mormon and he is super interested and that was super cool.  

Sadly no one came to church yesterday because it rained.   Fun fact when it rains here the whole city shuts down.  I'm not complaining I'm just stating a fact.  No one leaves their house, no one goes to work, no one avenges to school.  In fact there was a member here told us that one year he missed half of the school year because it rained so much and he still passed.  It's not even expected for the teacher to show up when it rains.   It's kind of hard, as you can imagine, when everyone is inside their house and no one wants to let you in.  So we walked around in our boots and our umbrella.  The mud here is incredible.  How do I explain it.  It's like walking in the slushy snow but it's just mud and slippery.  Fun stuff, makes it more interesting. 


It was really hot this week.  It was 45 degrees Celsius which is about 111 degrees Farenheight, somewhere in there.  The hottest moment Elder Tapia and I were out walking.  We went to that little city we went to about 6 weeks ago with Elder Johnson.  We went back again there this week and a member of the church there came with us.  We walked about an hour and a half to get to the church.  It's 115 degrees and the wind was super hot too.  I've never been so hot in my entire life!  It's kind of fun, it just gets to the point where you are so sweaty it doesn't matter anymore and you just keep walking.  We visited the members there and helped them out a little bit.



The other day we were walking to the bus to go to district meeting and all of the sudden we see this girl and she falls in the Sahna (sp?)  The word Sahna refers to the sewage system, the little stream in from on the houses.  So this girl fell in the Sahna, and I thought she had died.  She had passed out.  This man pulled her out and everyone was asking for a cell phone to use so we let them use our phone.  Elder Tapia stood behind her in case she fell again and she passed out again and Elder Tapia caught her; a good representative of Jesus Christ.    That was pretty crazy.

I've been ponderizing too.  I don't want to brag but I've ponderized 3 scriptures this week.  Sometimes when I'm walking I just talk to myself working on the memorization part.  It's actually really good because it puts your thoughts in a good place.  That's about it, this week will be a great week.  This is the last week of the transfer but I'm pretty sure we'll stay here.  Here in Formosa!


If you have any questions or comments you can contact me at Tanner.Simmons@myldsmail.net and I'm only online 2 hours a week!  Love you guys tons and I'll talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment