Wednesday, March 30, 2016

3-7-2016

Hello family how is it going?  I'm just sitting here giving my weekly report so I hope you like it.  Let's get started.  We've been teaching a lot this week.   Last transfer we found a girl named E who is a daughter of a member and she is handicapped in the sense that she can't walk very well.  They went on vacation to Paraguay and now they are back so we are teaching her again.   She is progressing very well.  She got sick so she didn't come to church. 

We are also teaching B and L.  They are a couple that isn't married.  It is kind of sad because this week we taught them the plan of salvation.  They seem to like it but at the end of the lesson they told us they are breaking up which is so sad because they have a child together.  We also had to drop an investigator named L this week.    She told us she really likes the Book of Mormon and is going to keep reading it but she's Catholic and she told us that no one will ever convince her to change religions.  We were also were walking in our area this week and this guy was going by on his bike and started talking to us.  He said that his wife was really sick and he asked us to give her a blessing.  Every time that we are asked to give a blessing we have to get permission from the mission president  because he holds the keys.  I called him and he said to just say a prayer and bless her through the prayer.  She has this big ulcer, scab thing on her leg that eats away at it.  It started to heal and get better but the scabbing causes a ton of pain.  She wants to itch it really bad but it's all over her leg.  It's really gross.  We went back and she was crying the whole time we were there and it was really sad.  That experience helped me learn even more about the atonement of Jesus Christ.  Even though I'm not the one suffering it taught me a lot.  
We are also teaching B.  B is soldid, she is awesome.  She reads a lot of books and is really smart.  She understands the Book of Mormon very well.  She understands and feels this is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  She's been praying to find the church to join.  The only problem is we can't seem to get her to come to church.  She has an ex-brother-in law that gets drunk every night and he brings his kids to her house in the middle of the night so she's taking care of the kids and doesn't get any sleep.   Hopefully she'll get baptized, patience.  Also this week we started with another couple, M and E.  M is a member.  His mom is a member as of 23 years ago , one of the first members here in Las Lomitas.  She's been less active for the past year.  When I first got here she was really hard hearted but now she is a lot more open and humble and I think she's trying to set an example for her son.  We are teaching E today to see if she wants to be sealed in the temple. 

A and D are doing good but D is leaving a lot and A doesn't know what to do.  She really wants to go to church and get baptized but she's sort of stopped.  C and D are doing really well.  D has almost stopped smoking, she's down to 2 cigarettes a day.  C stopped drinking her tea and is going to obey the word of wisdom.  She has a boyfriend but she doesn't know if he wants to get married.  We invited her to pray with him and start reading the Book of Mormon with him.  I think D will get baptized in the next few weeks. 

There was a member that used to live here named G.   He has a girlfriend who isn't a member.  She is really solid and has been to church about 7 times.  She needs to get married.    We are trying to do the paperwork for their marriage.  That's about it for investigators.  Kind of crazy this week. 


I have another ingrown toenail.  Number 7 or 8 I don't remember, just way too many.  There's no Dr here so I called the medical missionary and in 2 weeks we have a multi zone conference in Formosa so I'm going to see if I can make it until then.  

The Zone leaders this week gave me some peanut butter and I had a peanut butter sandwich so that was good!  Also this week some gypsies asked me to dance.  I didn't dance with them of course.  

Yesterday we were at lunch just minding our own business and we hear an ambulance.  Right before the ambulance came J had left to go pick up his mom.   The ambulance came and then there were police in front of the house and people yelling.  J comes back and tells us that an older lady just stabbed her boyfriend to death in the street about a block away from where we were.  Not sure what that story is but pretty crazy. 

That's about it, I'm learning a lot about patience in this area.  Great investigators but they have a lot of obstacles.  For example we have a water filter and it's worn out so every second it drops a drop of water.  We stick a Gatorade bottle under it and it drips all day and all night long and then once it's full we can drink the water.  The work is like that here.  We have to work little by little. 
It's fun, I like it.  

It was really cool this week about 90 degrees maximum.  Here's a story, G wanted to give us some cheese, so he pulls it out of his bag.  This doesn't look like any type of cheese that I've ever seen before.  It was this little white frozen thing.  I didn't really want to eat it so we took it and said thanks and said we'd take it home and eat it for lunch.  But G was like "no eat it now it's good".  He started eating it and it was kind of like a YOLO moment.  So I took a bite and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth.  It tasted like vomit and had the texture of frozen Styrofoam.  I almost threw up and I walked off and spit it out.  I had to walk home with that taste in my mouth.  It was the most disgusting thing that I've ever eaten.  I'd rather lick the bottom of my shoe than eat that cheese again.  I don't even know what it was.  Our guess is that it was fat but we're not actually sure what it was.  So that was fun, don't worry I'm still alive and well.



 This is where church is in Las Lomitas in a member's house



Love you guys have a great week.  Bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment