Wednesday, December 16, 2015

12-14-15

Hola family how are you?  Another week has come and gone with lots of rain and sun.  It's 7:30AM and it's already 95 degrees.

Yesterday was church and E came again so that was fun.  We only taught him once this week because his schedule is very complicated and he works a lot.  We only met with him once but we talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and he still wants to get baptized on the 9th of January and yesterday in church I gave him the paperwork to get married.  We have a lesson with him tonight, hopefully that all goes well. 

Christmas is 12 days away.  Sister Franco gave us a folder that has 12 days of Christmas and every single day we have to do something special for someone else.  Yesterday it started and what it said was write someone a note and give them a gift.  I had this extra scripture case and one time in church Brother C said that he really like my scripture case.  I gave it to him for Christmas and he was pretty happy.  Just trying to make this Christmas special.  

Yesterday was the Christmas devotional and we went and watched.  It was really good.  I like President Uchtdorf's talk and how there's a lot of Christmas giving and it's a good atmosphere but we need to remember that Jesus Christ gave us an eternal gift.  

We also had divisions this week.  I went on divisions with Elder Reynolds.  He's a good guy that will go home in about 1 transfer so he's a bit trunky but that's OK he's a good guy. M wasn't progressing very well so we hadn't been by but we went by again this week and it looked like she may start progressing again but she didn't come to church.  I don't know what's wrong, we are teaching so many good people that don't come to church.  It makes it hard but that's OK.   My district leader (my comp) is going to talk about commitments tomorrow.  We're going to work on that so we can get more people to come to church.  We are still looking for more people.  We have great people that want to get baptized but don't come to church.  

The family B is a family that lives right next to M to so we are teaching them too.  They like us.  The dad invited us for lunch.  We ate fried alligator for lunch.  It's alligator or crocodile (not sure of the difference).  It's breaded and it's fried.  It was pretty funny because he was drinking his wine along with the whole family and we were drinking our juice.  We explained that we don't drink alcohol.  They like the lesson, so we'll see where that goes.

I don't know if I told you this but we often get up early and go run.  About 3 or 4 blocks away is a BIG cross and for Christmas they put up a nativity by the cross.  Around the cross is 4 big pictures.  On the side of the nativity there is a star.  On the other side there's the Holy Ghost in the form of a dove.  Pretty Catholic but we're living in a place that is 90% Catholic, the dove covers the world with its wing.  The other side there's a picture of the nativity on the 4th side there's a picture of Mary on a donkey with Joseph walking with her.  It just so happens to be that the picture is from our church.  You know the live videos and with Mary and Joseph, that's the picture, we recognized it.  I'm not sure that they got permission to use the picture but that's OK it's Jesus so we can get over it.  It's kind of funny.




This week was a good week, that's all I have to say.  I love you guys.  Another thing today is my last p-day before Christmas.  So in other words no p-day next week until Friday when I Skype.  I'll probably email you right before I Skype you to be sure you're ready and then I'll call you.  We'll chat a little, see how the weather is in Utah, how the Jazz are doing, how REAL SLC is doing.  Love you tons.  I'll talk to you on Friday.  Bye.

1 comment:

  1. It's been awhile since I lost my testimony of the church. I served in your mission from 2006-2008 I have tried to get back to doing the little things right and getting my testimony back. This blog has helped me as I see the pictures and remember the areas and the people and how happy I was. It's amazing how you can have someone literally serve in the same areas you served in long ago and see all the sights you used to see and all the memories and how it can help you out. Thanks for posting, I will keep stopping by.

    ReplyDelete